Scotrail PassINFO - TIPS - ROUTES
A Travel Guide For The Scotrail Pass.
The ScotRail Pass allows you to experience the diversity of Scotland. Discover everything that Scotland has to offer – from the fascinating culture to the beautiful landscape. Scotland impresses with untamed landscapes and open horizons, as well as the beautiful highlands. A train through the country and cities like Edinburgh and Glasgow are definitely worth a visit.
What is the SCOTRail Pass?
The ScotRail Pass offers you the possibility to travel Scotland by train. There are several options that you can choose from so you can find the ideal train pass to suit your travel plans.
Who can use the Scotrail Pass?
All ScotRail passes can be purchased by anyone, including UK residents.
With the ScotRail Spirit of Scotland M Pass you can use all scheduled services in Scotland and services to / from Carlisle and to / from Berwick-upon-Tweed. It also includes all scheduled Caledonian MacBrayne ferry services within Scotland.
The ScotRail Spirit of Scotland M Pass can be used either for 4 within 8 or 8 within 15 days.
With the ScotRail-Spirit-of-Scotland-M-Pass you can travel not only by train but also by ferry, bus and various public transport services. Included in the pass are:
- Ferries, like those of Caledonian MacBrayne (within Scotland) and Argyll Ferries (connections between Gourock and Dunoon).
- Busses, such as various routes operated by Scottish Citylink/West Coast Motors, Stagecoach East Scotland, Stagecoach in the Highlands and Borders Buses.
- You can also use the ScotRail Spirit of Scotland M Pass to travel on the Glasgow Underground and Edinburgh Tram.
If you travel on a Strathspey Steam Railway or Keith & Dufftown Railway, you’ll get 10% off all standard fares and £1 off all standard fares when travelling on Bo’ness & Kinneil Railway.
Northlink Ferries offer a 20% discount on selected routes on regular standard tickets purchased on the day of travel. You will also receive a 20% discount on the Stena Line (Ayr – Cairnryan – Belfast) ferry trip to Northern Ireland.
You will also receive £1 discount on tickets on tours with Edinburgh Bustour, City Sightseeing Glasgow and City Sightseeing Inverness.
You will also receive a discount on the following cruises:
- 20% discount on all standard fares on Sweeney Cruises (Loch Lomond)
- 15 % discount on all standard fares at Cruise Loch Lomond
- 10 % discount on all standard fares at Jacobite Cruises (Loch Ness)
With the ScotRail Central Scotland Rover M-Pass you can explore Central Scotland on 3 consecutive days and enjoy unlimited travel between Edinburgh and Glasgow:
- Glasgow-Edinburgh connections via Falkirk High or Shotts
- Glasgow/Edinburgh to Alloa/Dunblane
- Glasgow Central or Queen Street to Partick
- Cumbernauld/Falkirk-Grahamston connections
- Edinburgh-North Berwick
- Fife Circle to Markinch
- Glasgow Central and Edinburgh via Carstairs
Travel between Glasgow and Edinburgh is only permitted on ScotRail services.
How much does it cost?
|Spirit of Scotland Pass M-Pass
|3 Travel Days Within 8 Days
|8 Travel Days Within 15 Days
|Central Scotland Rover M-Pass
|8 Travel Days Within 15 Days
|Scottish Grand Tour M-Pass
Attention: The Scottish Grand Tour M-Pass is not available in 2021!
|Scotland Highland Rover M-Pass
|4 Travel Days Within 8 Days
Children under five travel for free. Five to fifteen years olds pay half the adult price.
ROUTES FOR THE ScotrAIL PASS
Scotland: Highland Games And A Fairytale Steam Train
How does it work?
Once you have completed the purchase, you can download the ScotRail-M-Pass directly to your mobile phone. If you choose a FlexiPass, a separate PDF file must be downloaded for each day of travel. Your M-Pass allows you to enter the platform and be checked in by train staff.
The M-Pass can be booked online and must be activated in the UK within 3 months of the date of purchase (for UK residents) or 11 months (for international guests).
Seat reservation is not required but is recommended if you want to ensure travel on a particular train at a specific time.