Estonia by TrainTrains - Tickets - Tours
A Travel Guide For Train Travel In Estonia.
Here you will find information for Estonia about trains, routes, tours, connections, where to buy train tickets, and more.
Population: 1.33 million
Country Code: +372
Time Zone: Eastern European Standard Time
Most trains in Estonia are operated by AS Eesti Raudtee also referenced as Elron.
GO Rail operates trains from Tallinn to St. Petersburg and Moscow in Russia.
Buy your cheap train tickets for Estonia online at the Elron official homepage.
Interrail / Eurail Pass
Do you want to travel throughout Europe flexibly and comfortably? Then the Interrail Pass is perfect for you. With the Interrail Pass, you can visit 40,000 destinations in 33 countries in Europe. You can travel for up to 3 months by train.
The major rail network in Estonia is composed of the following trains:
Elron Train (ELT) links Tallinn to the rest of the country, long and short distances.
- 2nd Class offered on all services, long-distance services offer 1st Class
- No reservations required, but are only possible for 1st Class tickets on longer-distance services.
There are no direct international train connections to Latvia but there is a transfer from the border town Valga.
Go Rail operates Trains from Tallin to St. Petersburg and Moscow.
Baltitski Express operated by Russian Railways RZD
- Tallinn – Narva – St. Petersburg – Moscow, Russia
- Reservations required, all tickets are e-tickets and need to be printed before arriving at the train station
- Runs daily from June to September, 3 times weekly during the rest of the year
- 3rd Class: Platzkartny, a bunk in an open plan arrangement or a normal seat
- 2nd Class: Kupe, a four-bed compartment
- 1st Class Spaly Vagon, a two-bed compartment
- Hot and cold water available
Frequently Travelled Routes In Estonia
|From > To
|Tallinn to Tartu||2:00||Direct||Train|
|Tallinn to Narva||2:13-2:36||Direct||Train|
|From > To
|Tallinn to St. Petersburg, Russia||7:10||Direct||Train|
|Tallinn to Moscow, Russia||16:42||Direct||Train|
|Tallinn to Riga, Latvia||6:46||1||Train|
|Tallinn to Stockholm, Sweden||17:15||Direct||Ferry|
|Tallinn to Helsinki, Finland||2:15||Direct||Ferry|
Estonia travel routes
Main Train Stations
Good to know
Best Time To Travel To Estonia
When bordering the Baltic Sea it can be quite cold and frigid during the winter. So we recommend travelling to Estonia anytime from late April to September because of the longer days and warm temperatures.
Maybe you’re interested in visiting the medieval Tallinn? Taking a trip to a Baltic beach, looking around the Maritime Museum in an old hangar, enjoying a good sweat in a Estonian sauna, or maybe partaking in bog walking. Estonia, truly a hidden gem, has plenty to charm you with from the moment you arrive.
- High Season: June to August
- Low Season: October to March
Accommodation In Estonia
Guidebooks For Estonia
Travel with a guidebook ease your journey to find best sights and things to do. Buy it on Amazon.